I made some retro iPhone ringtones a while ago…
I posted some of these iPhone ringtones on the site before but I’ve since deleted the post. Since then I’ve made a few more so I decided to create a new post which I’ll periodically update when/if I create any more ringtones.
If you haven’t installed custom ringtones on your iPhone before the process is fairly simple. You’ll need iTunes installed on your PC or laptop (I’m so sorry).
- Create a folder at %userprofile%/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media and call it Ringtones.
- Download the ringtones (right-click, save as) to the folder you’ve just created. The tones are in m4r format.
- Open the Ringtones folder you’ve just saved the tones into.
- Open iTunes and click on the phone icon in the top left of the window.
- Go to the ‘On my device’ section in the left sidebar and click on tones.
- Copy (CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) the ringtone from Windows File Explorer into iTunes. You should see the ringtone appear in the right hand window.
Galaga Theme – The main theme from the arcade game Galaga
Mario’s Big Adventure – Mario’s Big Adventure is a vinyl that released on March 30th 1986 only in Japan
Monkey Magic – The opening theme from the ’70s/’80s TV show, Monkey
Pac-man Death – The Pac-man death sound
Sonic Dead – The sound played when Sonic dies from Sonic 2 on the Sega Master System
Super MarioLand – The music from the Gameboy game Super Marioland
Thundercats – The opening theme from the ’80s cartoon, Thundercats
Transformers Transform – The transforming sound from the G1 Transformers cartoon.
Transformers – The opening theme from the G1 Transformers series (Season 1)
There you go, some nerdy ringtones for people to look at you strange when your phone rings in the supermarket.